A comprehensive department geared to improving the overall health and wellness of older adults by reducing alcohol and/or drug use and promoting positive and healthy alternatives.
1. Finding Wellness Health Education Series: A series of educational workshops addressing age-related health topics to promote healthy living and well-being.
2. Alcohol and the Holidays: A seasonal presentation focused on educating older adults on the effects of alcohol consumption and overall wellness.
3. Seated Exercise: The Seated Exercise Program is a total body exercise intervention aimed to establish consistent health-related habits through increased physical activity engagement, wellness education, and socialization.
4. Community Crafts: The Community Crafts Program is a community-based program held once a month for older adults aimed to stimulate cognition, exercise fine motor skills, and promote creativity.
5. Mental Health Reminders (Pre-recorded Media Sessions): Quarterly re-recorded talk sessions addressing mental health and aging topics via Facebook.
Program Eligibility / Requirements
The Finding Wellness Program services are free to any older adult 60 years and older in Alameda County.